Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Where have I been?

Well, I think I said something about being terrible at blogging from the beginning... considering that it's been 5 months since my last post, I was not incorrect.

The good part about not blogging for five months is I am also slacking at taking progress photos, so this next one is some seriously noticeable progress!

I've been working on doing a pull-up progression to get to being able to do a strict pull-up. (see below).. so far I am on week 1 and my poor hands are a little frustrated at me. I managed to find some lifting gloves for barbell work at TJ Maxx of all places (Nike lifting gloves for $9.99... okay!) and some gymnastics grips with pink velco, which is always a great identifier for my things. I slept way way way later than I planned on today and missed open gym, which was okay with me until I started baking a peach cobbler.

This summer I worked really hard on recording my lifts in an app called myWOD and managed to increase my squat clean max by 15 lbs., and my back squat by 40 lbs. (other lifts we haven't done a 1RM in a while but I'm sure they're increasing as well). It's been fun sending photos to my boyfriend and Crossfitting friends and having people who can relate to my excitement!

Some of my goals for myself are to compete in a competition this fall, get consistent double unders, and get a strict pull up! I have never been able to do a pull up in my life, even in middle school PE so this is going to be a big moment for me when it finally happens! 

I take no credit for this pull-up progression, I just inputted it into Excel so I could read it better. Currently I am doing this with a band and aim to use less and less help from bands until I can do a strict pull up with no assistance.

1 comment: