Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"before" and a bargain

Not quite a "before" more like an "in progress"
I would be lying if I said I didn't feel like a total dork flexing into the mirror trying to take a selfie from the privacy of my own bathroom. I've taken maybe four gym selfies in my life, and each time have felt like a total jackass, paranoid that someone is watching me and laughing. I'd been feeling way too proud of the hard work I'd been putting in at the gym not to (especially on shoulders day). I've had the idea of joining a Crossfit gym in my mind for a while now, and I thought it would be really great to have some photos to track my progress this spring- so while I'm not going to be sharing this with the whole world, I'm glad I have it.

Day 2 of Crossfit Foundations was a lot about form and going over the basic movements. We deadlifted medicine balls for what felt like hours, and my legs and glutes are paying for it today. Part of our warm up included the rowing machine- I'm so proud of myself for feeling like a natural on it!

Miller-inspired for a steal!

Since I've learned that not many people care about your workouts, the things you eat, and your thoughts on deadlifts- I wanted to incorporate what I hope will be a main component of this blog, fashion. 

I'm an avid shopper and consider myself to be a pretty talented bargain hunter. If I dedicated the same amount of energy that I use for shopping as I did towards working out, we might be in a different place right now. I've been lusting after Tory Burch Miller sandals for a while now; while I might think nothing of spending a couple hundred dollars on a dress or a purse, something about spending that much on sandals makes me cringe. I am way too rough on summer shoes to make that kind of investment. I randomly came across a cute bargain version at Payless of all places! 

I also snagged a REALLY cute pair of peep toed booties (see Instagram) and the comfiest pair of basic flats I have ever come across. The DexFlex flats are seriously the best I even went out of my way to wear them out on a shopping excursion. This is saying something- I have never had a pair of flats that fit comfortably! Check out the whole line- your feet and wallet will thank you!

Happy shopping & lifting!
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment