Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Chapter One

One week down, and I'm thrilled that I am feeling right at home at my gym. Monday we completed the Crossfit Open 15.4 workout- I did a super scaled version of 10 push press, 10 cleans in the 8 minutes for AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) and got through 5 full rounds plus 10 extra push presses.
What was really nice about doing the open workout was seeing all of the different skill levels within class. One woman was doing the RX of actual handstand pushups, something I can pretty much only dream about at this point.

Despite not being able to fully raise my arms above my head on Wednesday thanks to the push press, we did the WOD below.


I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my life than I did in those 20 minutes. This is even including when I ran the Chicago Marathon, which was also quite sweaty! A day later, my legs stopped working randomly when I was walking because my quads were so sore
I've been working really hard on staying focused on where I'm at and making progress for myself, and not feeling like I'm competing against anyone else in the classes. I saw the quote below on Pinterest and it really resonated with me, because I feel like I'm doing a good job of doing things for myself instead of trying to be the best. 


Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment