Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

How I asked my bridesmaids!



Not less than 24 hours after I was engaged, people were asking me if we had a venue and a date! Maybe there's something about my personality that would hint that I may have had an inkling of what our wedding would look like, but I was at a loss. I must have emailed over 50 venues in the Chicagoland area within that first week! Brendan and I did know for sure who we wanted to be in the wedding party- something we'd talked about for a while and joked about who we'd pair with who to walk with.



I started right away on making these bridesmaid boxes for the girls I was asking to join me on my special day. I'd loved the idea of painted cigar boxes with lots of goodies inside! For these, I searched on Amazon to order eight of the same style. A lot of times, Michaels has unfinished wood items on sale as well. If your bridal party is on the small side, you might have good luck at a store, but I wanted to get all of my boxes in one go of it!

After I spray painted the boxes blue (two coats, trust me on this!), I cut out squares that would fit snugly inside the bottom of the boxes. I used disco ball paper for the look of glitter without the glitter getting all over the place as I was cutting it. I used my Cricut Explore to cut out each girl's name in Channel, a fun handwritten font (I love DaFont for all the gorgeous, free designs you can download). If you're good at painting, you could paint a name or design on the top, or use cute stickers to spell out each girl's name.  I also cut out a "yes" prop for each girl to take a photo of themselves with once they opened their box!

Once I did all the cutting, I decided to visit the Target Dollar Spot to stock up on some cute and affordable goodies to add to the box. I got a set of post-its and a magnetic notepad for each box. I also got Sparking Champagne hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works, because this seemed like it would be safer to ship off to 5 different states as opposed to actual champagne.



Each bridesmaid also received a set of Twirls + Pearls bangles, an affordable option because I happen to be the owner! I also created each girl's monogram on my Cricut with some adhesive vinyl. Before I had my Cricut, I loved to buy vinyl monograms from Etsy to stick on all of my things. Each box also had a little card inside with a personal note to each bridesmaid asking them to be part of my special day.

If you're not as crafty as I am, there are so many great options out there to start off with. I always see photo storage boxes on sale at craft stores, and you don't have to be a pro to spray paint an unfinished wooden box. There are so many cute goodies in stores that your girls are sure to love. A fun way to customize the boxes without having a Cricut to cut a monogram or a name is to get a sparkly letter for each bridesmaid to add to the box. This was my original plan, but I couldn't find a single A anywhere I looked... and I needed 3!

What kinds of things would you put in a box to ask your friends to be your bridesmaids?

No comments:

Post a Comment